Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge 2015

Welcome to Book Club Thursday! 



Today we are doing our Reading Challenge 2015 post! Here is the list for our Reading Challenge

Here is this year list

1. Read a book with a hero's name that gives you that warm feeling. Link For Post

2. A book that makes you cry.

3. A book with a one word title. Link For Post

4. A book with a single father. Link For Post


5. A place that you've always wanted to visit.

6. A book with the words LOVE or KISS in the title. Link For Post

7. A book with poor reviews in RT Book Reviews or Goodreads (if u use Goodreads most of the reviews should be bad or RT like two stars) Link For Post

8. A book with non humans (can be paranormal or a book with dogs or cats or animals part of the plot line) Link For Post

9. A book you finish in a day. Link For Post

10. A book written by a author who has your initials. Link For Post

11. A book with a color in the title.

12. A book set in the future. Link For Post

This month I picked....


11. A book with a color in the title


An original Alpha Pack novella featuring the sexy sorcerer and panther shifter Kalen Black…

Recruited by the Alpha Pack, Kalen Black is still very much a lone wolf. But when a paranormal creature threatens the life of Dr. Mackenzie Grant, Kalen must use all of his abilities to rescue her. This brush with death excites a passion between them, and after a night of intense pleasure, Kalen leaves Mac with a mysterious gift that just might save her life again.…




Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Website | Facebook | @JDTylerAuthor

J D Tyler is also known as: 
Jo Davis
Website | Facebook | @JoDavisAuthor




My thoughts...


I have a confession to make, I love books by Jo Davis and have read almost all of them but haven't really gotten into her alter-ego and I'm not sure why. I read Primal Law back when it came out and that was it. I have all the books but they just haven't called to me.

Part of the reason is because I just have way more books then I'll ever be able to read. I blame it on all the author that I enjoy reading. It's their fault, not mine. 

Since we've now established blame, I can get back to my review. 

As it's come to the end of our Reading Challenge for this year I am finding it hard to read books that match the challenges I have left. Part of that reason is that I read so many books for review tours that I don't read as many for myself. The other reason is that for me...I did the easy ones first. Ha!

So when I had a few left I picked the one with the word of a color in the title. It should have been easy, right? Well maybe if I wanted to buy something new, which I didn't. So I looked on my MANY book shelves and when I couldn't find anything I hit the eReaders and hit pay dirt. 

Lucky me, I found Black Magic. It's by a author I enjoy, but have fallen way behind on. So...why not! Now this is a very short novella that is really the beginning or say a prologue to Black Moon. Now I don't know that for a fact since I haven't read Black Moon, but at the end of Black Magic you are left hanging and the same two characters are in Black Moon so...I think you can draw the lines. 

At first I wasn't very happy about this. I thought to myself...What!!! I really thought this was a full story, yes a short novella, but a full story non-the-less. 

I was wrong...

Enjoy me admitting that. You never know when I'll do it again. 

I did finally get over being pissed and end up liking the story and wanting more of Mackenzie's and Kalen's story. I'm glad I read Black Magic. It reminded me what I like about Tyler and made me wonder why I let myself get behind on this series. This is a great taste of this series. Perfect for those who aren't sure if they'd like to try this series. 

All in all, I'm glad I read it. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading! 


Remember to stop by my fellow Book Club Thursday Bloggers and see what books they are reviewing for our Reading Challenge. 


Stop by on October 15th when we will be doing a giveaway! 



Comments

  1. I have fallen behind on J D Tyler too. And it is getting hard to find books that match the rest of the years challenges. That makes it "challenging",lol .Your blog made me giggle. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to find mine...buried away and hiding under my mountains of books! And yes, I'll cop to doing SOME of the easier challenges first! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts